Thursday, August 6, 2009

Living in Paradise

It is absolutely true; we do live in Paradise Toto. I remember when we still lived in Orange County, and our son, who lived in the Coachella Valley where the wonderful cities of Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage and La Quinta are located, would come to visit and cry the whole time he was with us about how cold it was, that the traffic is terrible, and that I lived in a concrete jungle. Was he ever surprised; more like shocked and scared; when I said that we (my husband and I) were moving to Palm Desert and were going to share his little corner of Paradise. What he had done, and not intentionally I must say, is to convince us that this was the place to be. And he was right! We couldn't be happier.

I had sold two friends, from Orange County, homes in Sun City Palm Desert prior to deciding to move here myself, and I still was not convinced that this was where I wanted to be. As a real estate broker I treated myself like a client and previewed all of the communities where I thought we might enjoy living. I had three criteria: 1. The home had to be single story. No more stairs for me. 2 & 3. The community had to have a golf course and be a gated community. After spending many months of viewing properties I knew that Sun City Palm Desert was the place for us. My gosh, the amenities are amazing. We got our gates, our single story, and not just one golf course, but two! In addition to that we have 2 complete fitness centers, 3 clubhouses, 4 pools, a gigantic library, post office, billiard room, 3 restaurants, softball diamonds, tennis courts, driving range, dance studio and over 70 clubs to meet anyone's interests.

Yes indeed! If you are a 55+ active adult and want to live life to the fullest, then this is the place to be. More later....

Linda Novick, Associate Broker Making real estate dreams come true for over 37 years
Windermere Real Estate Coachella Valley
Direct: 760-397-3652
Blog: www.suncityrealestate.blogpost.com
Email: lindanovick@windermere.com
Website: www.lindanovick.mywindermere.com

No comments:

Post a Comment